If you want to learn to ride a scooter, it is important to choose a good driving school. Rijschool Caland has been one of the best driving schools in Amsterdam for 20 years. We offer scooter riding lessons for all ages and levels. Our instructors are experienced and qualified, and will teach you everything you need to know to drive safely and responsibly.
Want to get your scooter license in a short time? With us, you get the chance to practice in a safe environment. You are always assured of great service by our Helpdesk.
If you would like to learn more about scooter driving lessons at Caland Driving School, please contact us. We are happy to help you.
Here are some important things to know in advance for beginning moped riders:
- Be aware of your surroundings. Mopeds are more vulnerable than cars, so it is important to be aware of your surroundings and watch out for other road users. If you don’t understand something, don’t hesitate to ask the instructor for an explanation. It is important that you understand everything well so that you can drive safely and responsibly.
- Never drive too fast. The speed limit for mopeds is 45 km/h. So do not drive too fast, as this increases the chances of accidents.
- Prefer not to drive in the rain. Mopeds are more slippery in the rain, so it is important to ride extra carefully when it rains.
- Wear your helmet and comfortable clothing. A helmet is mandatory for moped riders, and it is the main way to protect your head in an accident. You will move a lot during your scooter riding lesson, so avoid clothing that is tight or that interferes with your movement.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Good tire pressure gives better grip on the road and reduces the risk of accidents. Otherwise, have your scooter serviced regularly. This ensures that your scooter is safe and reliable.
- Practice in a safe environment. Before you hit the road, it is important to practice in a safe environment, such as an enclosed area or a quiet street.
- Be patient and don’t give up. Learning to ride a moped takes time and effort, but it is well worth it.
- Make sure you have your ID with you. Leave your cell phone in your pocket or purse and put it on silent anyway.
- Park your scooter in a safe place. Avoid parking in dark or secluded areas.
- Don’t take passengers if you don’t have enough experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs before driving.
- Arrive on time. It is important to always be on time for your scooter riding lesson. This shows that you are serious and that you respect the instructor.
Enjoy! Your first scooter riding lesson is an exciting experience. Try to enjoy it and learn as much as you can. By following these 12 tips, you will help yourself ride your scooter safely and responsibly. Do you still need to take moped exam? Show what you already know to be guaranteed to succeed. So that soon you will proudly step on your (first) own scooter!
Want to know more? Here you can read all the detailed trial lesson conditions and other information in our FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions & Answers.